Thursday, October 29, 2015

Halloween Week...





Outside of Class


It's Halloween week and Fall Break all in one week! I love Halloween! Unfortunately, as it happens every Fall Break, I have a lot to do next week in my classes, so I won't have much time for anything this weekend or next week, though I think me and my roommates are going to have a horror movie night to celebrate this weekend. I even had to get the Gita blog post out of the way early so I won't get too bogged down next week. No getting drunk or partying for me! I'll try to squeeze in some yoga when I can alongside my classes, especially since it'll help me de-stress and feel better. It's starting to enter into the kind of weather that I like, too, so I'll be able to find moments to just go outside, listen to some music, and enjoy some time alone and at peace.
In my other yoga class, for Halloween, she gave us candy at the end, and we tried out a sort of yoga-workout routine with small weights. Not my favorite thing to do, but it definitely worked me out. Kind of made me glad I only had just that one yoga class for the day. We also practiced the tree pose while standing on our blocks (the blue foam blocks), which wasn't actually too bad.
I might look into buying a bolster, since I really like having one for yoga. Plus, I think I would just simply like to have one. Hopefully I can find a cheap one...
I remember when you asked the question about if we feel spiritually connected when practicing yoga. I don't, but when I though about it, I realized that I do feel connected to everyone else in the room while doing yoga. We're all doing the same poses, talking, sharing in our struggles for some poses, and having a good time together, and it makes me feel good. I definitely don't feel too self-conscious anymore. It's not a spiritual connection, but a warm, sort of community connection (as small as our group is) that I think I'm feeling and relishing in each class period. I think that feeling, plus yoga helping to stretch me out and relax me, carries out into the rest of my day every time and is really helping me to feel better this semester.


1 comment:

  1. I really like what you said about feeling connected to everyone in the room. That, in many ways, is the heart of spiritual connection!

    ReplyDelete